Affliate Marketing For Beginners – A Basic Guide

If you’ve recently been laid off, you want a lifestyle change, or you’re just after some handy extra cash, then you should definitely consider affiliate marketing. Once you’ve got the ball rolling and you’re making some cash, the lifestyle of the affiliate marketer is pretty darn enviable:

  • Set your own hours
  • Be your own boss
  • Outsource lots for “autopilot” profits
  • Stick it to the man
  • Develop a real business and transferable skills

As you can see, there are loads of benefits to affiliate marketing.

Today I’m going to cover affiliate marketing for beginners, and then give you the opportunity to get your hands on my free affiliate marketing training ebook, that will take you from zero to hero in next to no time (if you just can’t wait, then you can download it here).

Now, let’s start with the absolute basics of affiliate marketing; this is for total beginners.

What is affiliate marketing?

Basically, affiliate marketing is where you promote someone else’s products (this person is called the Merchant or Vendor in most cases). In exchange for referring a sale, you earn a commission on the product sold. This could vary from as little as 1% of the purchase price, all the way up to 90%.

Example: On your website you sell a dog training ebook for $40 that earns you 75% commission. Therefore, you earn $30 (and $10 goes to the merchant/vendor)

How much does it cost to get started?

You can actually get started with affiliate marketing for FREE. However, if you want to increase your chances of succeeding then you will need to invest a small amount of money. In particular, you will need to pay for:

In all honesty, it’s probably going to cost you around $30-40 per month to do affiliate marketing when you first start out. That’s not a huge sum of money when you think about the potential rewards, however.

How much money can I make?

No discussion about affiliate marketing for newbies could be complete without the perennial favorite question – “how much money can I make”?

Although 99% of info-training products out there for affiliate marketing will claim that it is the instant road to mega riches, in reality it will take time and dedication to succeed with affiliate marketing.

That being said, I think it’s realistic to aim for average earnings of $100 per week within your first 6 months, $300-500 per week in your first year, and then $1000 per week plus after that.

However, 99% of affiliate marketers give up before they make their first $1000. The remaining 1% who stick it out often make that amount of money in their sleep.

Now do you see the power of perseverance when it comes to affiliate marketing?

How do I get started?

The easiest way to get started is to read my free Super Affiliate Secrets guide. This detailed ebook walks you step-by-step through EVERYTHING you need to do in order to become a successful affiliate marketer.

I show you absolutely everything, and it’s all for free.

Download your copy here

Remember affiliate marketing can change your life; you just need to put in the hard work!


  1. By Katie Kristy


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Protected by WP Anti Spam