What is the biggest killer of success and profit when it comes to Internet marketing? Is it a lack of a proven system? Or perhaps you don’t have the start up funds to make a real good shot at it. If you thought either of those (or anything similar) then you would be well wrong unfortunately!
You see the biggest killer of success is procrastination (with a bit of laziness on top). If you procrastinate and avoid actually doing the work necessary to make money online, then you will never get anywhere.
Actually getting off your ass and DOING something to advance the interests of your fledgling online business is the most important thing you can do to make sure you actually make money. Learning how to overcome laziness will result in more money in your pocket.
The formula for profit is quite simple – a proven system or money-maker PLUS diligently working that system EQUALS money in your hand (given enough time and effort). It really is that simple.
When I first started out affiliate marketing, using Travis Sago’s Bum Marketing Method, I had a solid system in place (slightly inefficient maybe, but it worked). Then it was just a case of applying myself by researching keywords and writing articles for at least hours per day until I was making reliable money.
So how can you stop being lazy and stop procrastinating? Here are some things you can do alleviate procrastination for the benefit of your Internet marketing career:
- Break down your work into manageable blocks – instead of telling yourself that you need to work for 5 hours at a time, break that down into little 30 minute chunks and tackle one of those at a time.
- Stop browsing Internet marketing forums – one of the biggest timewasters and avenues for procrastination when it comes to making money online is endlessly trawling IM forums like the Warrior Forum or Blackhat World. Now there is some great info from time to time on these forums, and lively discussion. However, 90% of the time you’ll wind up getting sidetracked following or trying what other people suggest… and it’s easier to sit there reading about someone else’s success than actually go out there and guarantee your own.
- Stop buying more money-maker systems (I’m talking about ebooks or guides that promise you X amount of dollars per day – not guides for link building, SEO, or traffic generation as these are often useful). Find ONE proven system and then stick to it! I recommend that you follow Mark Ling’s AffiloBlueprint system, which is roughly the same as what I like to do. If you’re a habitual WSO buyer, then please stop now. You can’t build a bridge by following the blueprints for a skyscraper – find something that works and stick to it.
- Write a weekly work planner and then stick to it. Don’t deviate from your plan!
- Remember that every day you don’t do your work is another day you won’t make any money.
If you want to learn how to stop being lazy and procrastinating, then those tips should help you out quite a lot. Just remember that if you don’t do anything, then you will never make any money and your business will always stagnate.
If you’re serious about beating procrastination and laziness, then you should read this article that shows you how to stop procrastinating.